Monday, May 18, 2009

I have been on this sugar-free, gluten-free vegan cleanse.   I've been doing pretty well.  My favorite thing is that removing the white sugar from my diet has really helped stopped the cravings for the most part.  One exception, though: I have been dying for a hot dog for the last several days.  But no biggie - there are lots of different brands of vegan hot dogs available, so I didn't think I'd have any trouble finding some that would help stave off the hot dog craving.

So hey, guess what the third ingredient of every single vegan hot dogs is?  WHEAT GLUTEN.  The very thing I am trying to avoid.  So I had to make a choice between gluten or meat.  I chose meat.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to check and see if my Tums are gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment