Sunday, June 5, 2011

9 days left

People are starting to ask me if I am going to continue being vegan after the 30 days is over. I'm not sure yet. I would really like to be mostly vegan - just having cheese and hot dogs and ice cream occasionally. But can I really commit to that? I don't know. For some reason, it's easier to be really strict for thirty days than to say I'm going to eat better most of the time for the forseeable future. I can only think about the next nine days, though. I think I can make it. But I'm starting to REALLY want a hot dog.

I have, off and on, had some tingling in my hands and feet, for which the doctors I saw could find no cause. One of my friends has this same issue and said that her doctor recommended she go gluten-free for 30 days to see if it made any difference. She hasn't been doing it too long, but she's already noticed a difference. So I'm thinking about trying that and continuing the veganism, too.

Or just do the gluten-free.

If I did that, I could probably have the hot dog, but not the bun.

Hm. Something to consider. I'll let you guys weigh in - what do you think my next step should be? I mean, after the hot dog?

Confidential to Anj: Thanks for the tip - I used to drink Yellowtail when I lived in LA, but I don't think I've seen it here. I'll keep an eye out.

No comments:

Post a Comment