Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gross

Well, I had these great photos of the dinner Flay and I had the other night at Blossom, a vegan restaurant. It was so delicious that I forgot to take any pictures until I was on the third bite in.

I just tried to save the photos to my computer, but the application "unexpectedly" closed and I lost the pictures in the process.

Gross.

This probably wouldn't happen if I had iCloud.

Too bad there isn't some way I could recreate it. It was a wonderful dinner. We started with a black-eye pea cake and some kind of ravioli thingy with mushrooms. Then we had some other stuff. Honestly I can't remember what else. Hence the reason for the pictures. Oh, yes! The phyllo roulade - that's what I had. I don't remember what was in it, but it was quite tasty, too, and I ate every bite.

Oh, but that black-eyed pea cake. So good. Oooooooo - and the coconut milk creme brulee. Delish. I had a picture of that, too. Definitely not gross.

*****************************************

I was talking to my sister today about veganism, and I was telling her how much better I feel. I just don't feel...gross...after I eat. I feel good. Even and balanced. It's nice.

My sister asked me what I thought it was that I wasn't eating that made me feel...gross...before. I think it is the dairy, honestly, and not eating a bunch of processed foods. I miss processed foods.

Then we started talking about sugar and how addictive it can be. Here's a good article about sugar and how your body processes it. Hmmmm. Maybe next I'll do no sugar. A word to the wise, though. If you read here that I am doing it - you might want to avoid me for the first week or so. I imagine sugar detox will make me really gross.

****************************************

The other really great thing about veganism is the pooping. Yes, I'm talking about it. I've never had any problems in that department, but I have to say this - the pooping is very quick and easy. Lickety-split. And easy clean up, too. In and out. I know, I know, gross! But seriously, I highly recommend it.

It'll put a spring in your step. And keep you from feeling...gross.







No comments:

Post a Comment