Tuesday, June 28, 2011

So, yes. I'm still going to the gym every day. I complained every day all day for about the first five days, but I gave that up because I know I'm going to go to that gym anyway. Now, sometimes I do go grudgingly because, you know, it's hard. But I'm going. I really can't believe I'm actually doing it.

And last Friday? Well....

I was going to a cocktail party in the evening, so I knew that I had to either go to the gym at lunch, which poses some logistical issues, considering showering and all, or I had to go in the morning. The morning. Meaning, I had to get out of bed before I absolutely had to. Meaning, I had to be a grown-up.

Now, Barbara Walters got an interview with Castro, Kennedy put men on the moon, Obama got Bin Laden and Elle Woods got into Harvard Law, but these pale in comparison with the fact that I got out of bed on Friday to go to the gym. I actually got out of bed in the morning and got myself together enough to go to the gym.

So far, it's been a single incident, but that doesn't mean it can't happen again. STOP laughing! It's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment